Sunday, October 29, 2006

Diann Mounce
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Language Class
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
You know when I first came to Cap in Rockcastle county I thought it was a waste of my time and my gas. Since I have been here I have regained some of my math skills. The computer classes have helped. A few of the computer skill I learned before I had forgotten how to do. Those skills are coming back to me. I am one human being the cap has helped. In your book “Making a Difference” I have read about Cap helping a number of unfortunate people. If it hadn’t been for Cap some of these folks could have been in deep trouble. In this world in which we live there aren’t many people who would take the time to help someone in need. (Especially for free and to spare a minute out of their busy day.) It is a blessing to me to see that God’s love still shines in this world.
The story I read, about the wheelchair ramp was an inspiration. Mike and Kathy are fine people coming to Cap and giving a part of themselves. In this day and time you can’t get someone to help you do anything even if you pay them. It encourages me when I see people who still put others first. Isn’t that the way God intended it to be? They had a few sit backs and a little trouble however that did not stop the desire to help Lana. She is one of God’s children and we are supposed to help whenever we can. The story about Becky was a blessing. Where would that child be if someone hadn’t showed a little compassion, she would never have had a chance? I also read about the Moore family and their unfortunate dilemmas. Where might their children have ended up if it weren’t for caring people who were willing to give up some of their selves to help others? There are a few other families around this area who could use the help that Cap can give if families just knew that there is help available.
I really want to thank everyone here a Cap, those I have met and those I haven’t. You are fine people and I pray that God richly blesses you for you time and effort you put in to help someone in need. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home